20100816

The Life of Sleeves

Made a Zippy

Now that I'm more or less familiarized with my recently acquired sewing machine, I felt it was time for a project. It didn't take long to find this zipper bag tutorial which was just what I was looking for.

I'm all about recycling, so I salvaged a zipper from a pair of destroyed slacks destined for the recycling bin, and some sleeves from two oxford shirts in my scrap pile of old clothes.

The tricky part was having to work around not having a zipper foot for this machine. Basically that meant maintaining a distance between the zipper and the hemlines. Aside from that, my first sewing project was a piece o' cake.

Lowell Dreyfus AlpacaKelly Wool

On the recycling front, I've disassembled two more sweaters, a shetland wool in blue black, and a salt & pepper alpaca. This is the first time I've handled alpaca. The fiber is really soft and resilient. I gotta keep an eye out for more, this stuff is just too fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment