20101206

More Doing Less Posting

Whew! There's been nothing but 'doing' around here lately. Aside from the sweater-cide, I re-did Carve Bravo a total of three times before I got somewhere I wanted to be with it. I'd say it turned out pretty cool. This yarn knit up a wonderfully distressed fabric. It looks lovingly broken in. I should have it up in the shop later on today.

Carve Bravo

Here are some thread weight multi strand sweaters that I'd been avoiding till my yarn winder made my life easier.

Basic Elements CottonCharter Club Cotton
Van Heusen Cotton

4 comments:

  1. I really like the first pic (carve bravo?), have you thought about listing it on ravelry as a pattern for sale, I could think of a few male friends who I could knit this for..
    great photos':) Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nadia!
    Yeah, every time I look over my pattern notes I wonder how I would word these slanting transitions so people understand them. I tend to be reluctant to write a formal pattern because of that. Maybe if I could illustrate them with drawings or something... hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charts. They seem to me to be perfect for your patterns. I do agree though that putting something like your hats into written/charted form sort of freezes them in time/space. But that does only represent that one event. It's not a complete record nor does it stop you from another permutation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Larry. That never occurred to me. Charts would be a logical solution here. I'll have to play with that idea.

    ReplyDelete