20111113

Divide Bravo

Divide Bravo One

I like the purl side of knitting. It's sometimes referred to as the "wrong" side, but not because knitters hate it or anything. It's just a name. Recycling sweaters has exposed me to hundreds of sweaters in all their diverse constructions, but it's the more recently designed styles that are exposing that bumpy underside. In fact, the D Squared sweater I recycled this yarn from incorporated stranded color sections that were constructed inside out.

Divide Bravo One

In the Divide Series (and previously in the Carve Series) I use the purl stitch to negate alternating sections of a dual rib stitch pattern, but I also do it as a visual negation of space. I've referred to stockinette as negative space before, but the purl side of stockinette seems to fit this description more accurately, especially when used to contrast other stitches.

Divide Bravo

Divide Bravo contrasts purls with an alternating garter ribbing. I prefer to have these diamond sections closer to the brim so that they expose that familiar knit side when folded up. I like how the angularity plays with that folded edge.

Purl side play coupled with the reversibility of ribbing affords some cool possibilities.

Divide Bravo WiP

Etsy Shop Listing

2 comments:

  1. The angles are really great and the knitting looks super pro. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This yarn is pretty amazing....

    ReplyDelete